Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Why I became a Beachbody Coach


Last April, I moved my fitness journey forward when I decided to try out a beachbody challenge group. I had tried previously, on my own, to lose that last bit of baby weight with minimal success. We did the 21 day fix. I learned a lot about portion control and nutrition. I also stepped up my game with exercise. What I loved most about the challenge group, was the accountability and support. That added element was just what I needed to kick myself in the butt and really go for it! I completed a few rounds of the challenge group and then moved on to the graduate group.

I kept in touch with other challengers and my coach via private Facebook groups. My coach invited my to become a coach. A lot of things about becoming a coach really appealed to me. But, I was afraid. I am not a salesy person. I don't want to be annoying on Facebook. I don't like to pressure people. It's scary to put myself out there. I worried what other would think about me etc. etc.

However, with all that in mind I thought it might be good to challenge myself. To reach out, to invite, to inspire, and to go outside my comfort zone and try something totally new. I created this blog, an Instagram account, and a Facebook like page. My goals of those platforms are to educate, inspire, and share great ideas. And, finally, I took the plunge and signed up to become a coach. Here are my reasons why.

Stay at home. I can do everything mostly from home. My kids are getting a little older but I still like to be here during the day for them. This job will allow me to do exactly that.

Help others. This might seem cliche, but I really do have a sincere desire to help others. When people ask me what I'm doing, I love to share. I get excited to teach them the things I've learned. I know how amazing it feels to reach a goal and feel better inside and out and I want to help other achieve that as well.

Teaching. I am a teacher. I love teaching whether it's preschoolers or grown-ups. For some reason, I love to teach. It's just part of my personality.

Health and Fitness. Hello! This is a huge reason. I absolutely love health and fitness! From my high school days, when I ran cross country, I learned to love the natural high that follows a good sweat session. The nutrition side has taken a bit longer to learn. I am still learning so much in this area and have a lot of room for improvement. But, my life experiences and watching others has helped me become more convinced of the importance of nutrition. 

Accountability. Talk about accountability. When I have made the leap to put myself out there and share with others about health and nutrition, I better walk the walk! Just knowing others are watching me (even if its just my small handful of followers) makes me think twice about digging into a bag of chocolate chips in the afternoon.

Social Media. Most of the things I need to accomplish as a beachbody coach are done through social media. I love to read, comment, and share on social media anyway. I might as well up my game and get paid for it, right?

Fits my Schedule. Being a beachbody coach fits my schedule. I can make the time for it working around my schedule and my kids' schedules. Since a lot of the work is done through social media (phone), this means I can take it with me wherever I go. Waiting at a sports practice, waiting at carpool, etc.

Unlimited potential. As a beachbody coach there is unlimited earning potential. I can have this as a hobby and earn a part time income, or I can go all in and the potential is to earn way more.

No comments:

Post a Comment