Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What's in My Gym Bag? - Bluetooth Headphones

When I go to the gym I always bring a big backpack with me. I guess I like my stuff and I like to be prepared. Here are the things that I keep in my gym bag. When I am done with a workout, I make sure and put them right back in. That way they are ready for next time. By the way, these are my own opinions and I am not getting reimbursed in any way.

Bluetooth Headphones.

Do you ever wonder what everyone is listening to while they are working out? I always wonder. 100% of the time, I am listening to a book. Since October, I have completed 5 books almost all while working out. And I have listened to hundreds of books over the past several years.  Now, I might miss a thing here or there while counting out my reps. But, it's not that hard to workout and pay attention to a book at the same time. I use Audible. My monthly subscription to Audible is one my splurges that has added profound value to my life. After all, I am a busy mom who doesn't have time actually to sit down and read a book. I am on my feet nearly all day long, whether it's doing dishes, cooking, exercising, or just being with my kids. The times I actually do sit down are when I'm driving or folding laundry. I listen to books then too.

I can't count the number of times I have accidentally yanked the cord from my headphones out. They they get launched out of my ear and I have to rewind and figure out where my book left off. Especially during dumbbell rows. When I saw these bluetooth headphones on Amazon, I was like, "where have these been all my life?"

Pros:

They have a big button that does what you need. Hold it down to connect to your device and turn on. Tap once to pause, resume, or answer a call. Hold it down again to turn them off. They also have a big plus and minus button for volume control. Other headphones have not been so simple for me.

The two ends are magnetic. They click together like a necklace when you aren't using them. AWESOME!

Another great feature is that they charge with a USB Micro cable. This is the same charger I use to charge my phone, so I can recharge the headphones while driving if needed.

They are also very useful for talking on the phone while driving or even just around the house. It's really nice to have your hands-free while talking on the phone.

These headphones have a long range. I can have my phone charging in the other room and still listen to a book with them. That's pretty nice too.

No more cord down your shirt getting in the way. 

Cons:

You have to remember to charge them: **ugh. another device to charge** This means you can't keep them in your gym bag. You have to remember to bring them everyday. For this reason, I keep two pairs of regular headphones in my bag as back-ups. Heaven forbid I have to workout and be alone with my thoughts. Ha! It happened once, and wasn't so bad.

When you are doing something that makes your bounce ie: kettlebell swings, plyometrics etc. The plastic thingy that has the buttons bangs into your neck. I don't see how these would be amazing for running. Maybe I'll break down and run on the treadmill one day just to report on the experience. But I can say, they are kind of annoying for kettlebell swings.

They are a tad hard to keep in your ear. Try out all three sizes of ear bud. The smalls worked best for me.

Go get some of these. I'm sure there are probably nicer brands. I saw some at Costco that were $50. These are middle of the road and work great for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment